Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Update.

Happy late December! It has been a while since an update. My most notable update is that I've actually been trying to stick to my little life mantra, "trust in progress". As I've stated so many times before in this very blog, my indecisiveness has always kept me reaching goals in the past. I'm trying to end this habit. While I still am not entirely sure of what I want to do, I've decided to move forward with becoming an EMT and then hopefully graduate to a paramedic, and finally, make my way into firefighting or fire science. I've always appreciated firefighting, and the schedule allows me to continue my other passion - writing music. Yes, as an EMT and medic I am probably going to see more severed body parts than I want to, however I am excited for the challenge. I have to register for my first set of classes this week.

I had another birthday last month. I turned 24. Before I know it I'm going to be 30, and then a blink away from 40... it's far time to get this show on the road.

Danny and I decided today to combine our songs and make single album. It's always great to have help writing, so I'm exited to see how this turns out. Danny has been playing folk-acoustic stuff in the vein of Elliott Smith, and I have been waltzing between blues, alternative, and progressive indie. Dreux is going to drum for us on the recordings and hopefully for shows if we can pull it together.

Since I'm in-between jobs and school (which is a nice way of saying that I do nothing all day long except for hang out with our new miniature schnauzer puppy, Bosley), I've been golfing quite a bit. Best pseudo-sport ever. I have no idea why or when I quit in the first place!

No comments: